Last modified: February 2023
Your use and access of the Website indicates and confirms your agreement to the provisions of this Policy. If you do not agree with the policies and practices described in this Policy, then you should refrain from using the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 should provide any information to or otherwise use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information we collect about you
Apiture collects information from and about users of the Website including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title, social media account information, and other unique identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as your employer or employer type and information related to actual or potential services engagements between you or your company and Apiture;
- Information related to your use of the Website, such as traffic data, traffic source, search history, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the devices and resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your internet service provider and IP address, operating system, browser type, device type, language settings, advertising IDs associated with mobile devices, and identifiers associated with cookies placed on your device (or similar technologies);
- Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services; and
- Inferential information that we may determine or estimate based on information we collect, compile, and analyze.
How we collect information about you
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including information submitted through forms or dialogue boxes on the Website and any other information provided in connection with requests for services, contact, communication, materials, or access to other resources; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browsing history, search history, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Information collected automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
Analytics and Tracking Technologies
- Web Beacons or Pixel Tags. Web Beacons or pixel tags describe a piece of code embedded on the Website that collects information about how you engage with a web page and enables us to record information like other web pages you’ve visited or advertisements you’ve clicked on. Web Beacons work with cookies to help us understand which areas of the Website interest you, provide you with tailored information, and enhance and develop our products and services.
How we use your information
We use and process personal and other information we collect for lawful business purposes including:
- Responding to your questions and requests related to our business and services;
- Communicating with you about our business and services;
- Presenting advertisements for Apiture services to you on sites across the internet;
- Enabling you to register for and participate in Apiture-hosted or Apiture-coordinated events;
- Measure interest in and awareness of Apiture’s Website, business, and services;
- Estimating our audience size and usage patterns;
- Storing information about your preferences;
- Improving and tailoring the Website according to individual interests;
- Recognizing you when you return to the Website;
- Conducting market and other research;
- Improving the Website and services;
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Engaging in administrative activities incident to the foregoing activities;
- Combining your information with information provided from other sources; and
- Engaging in other legitimate business purposes not inconsistent with this Policy.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated, deidentified information about Website users without restriction.
We may disclose your information:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the uses and activities described in this Policy;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information (e.g. responding to a contact request);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent; or
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
The following mechanisms are available to provide you with additional control over your information:
- You may opt out of collection and processing of information by Google Analytics by downloading the browser extension available at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout; and
- Refer to https://allaboutdnt.com/ for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Accessing and correcting your information
Direct requests to access, correct or delete any personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
State specific privacy rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. Notes that the term ‘personal information’ in this section refers to the types and categories of information defined or described as such by applicable state law.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Access. You can request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information in the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will give you the following information:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources of personal information we collected about you;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; and
- the specific elements of personal information we collected about you.
- Delete. You can request that we delete the personal information that we collected from you. Upon receipt and verification of your request, we will delete your personal information from our records. Note that we are not required to delete information if we need to use it for the following:
- Completing or enforcing a transaction or agreement with you;
- Protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecuting people responsible for that activity;
- Addressing issues or errors associated with the Website or related services;
- Complying with a legal requirement; and
- Other internal and lawful uses consistent with the reasons you provided the information.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah Residents
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information;
- Access and delete certain personal information;
- Data portability; and
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature and processing purpose; and
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your state-specific rights. To exercise any of these rights please write to email@example.com.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period of time which is consistent with accomplishing the purposes for which it is collected.
We take steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Our security program includes administrative, technical and physical safeguards appropriate for our size and resources and the types of information that we process; however, we do not represent or guarantee that your information will be secure.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.