We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Architecture, the software architect will be a hands-on team member that will drive technology standards across the business. You will be working with a team of highly talented software engineers in an effort to develop practical scalable solutions through existing or new applications.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in mid-town Wilmington, on Live Oak Bank’s campus. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, onsite gym, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have not heard of us yet, rest assured – over four hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, and we’re growing – fast.
- Passionate self-starter who can be visionary, detailed-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Platform experience with Nodejs or similar frameworks is highly preferred
- Familiar with Both SQL and NoSQL technologies and an understanding of inverted indexes
- Experience working with collaborative geographically dispersed team members
- Solid communication and troubleshooting abilities.
- Technology enthusiast and evangelist
- Demonstrated understanding of agile principles
- Coding of new features and functions within a cloud environment.
- Robust knowledge around design patterns and modern architectural styles.
- Create software architectures and the design of SW proof of concepts, in areas such as microservices, cognitive technologies, and collaboration.
- Serve as technical consultant and technical leader. Champions and develops innovative principles and ideas.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product features, and schedules.
- Generates and protects IP through patents.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Communicate progress toward goals with executives.
- 10+ years experience working within a Java or Node.js environment
- 7+ years of experience around system design and architecture.
- 5+ years of experience using Jira, Bitbucket, and GIT
- 5+ years of experience in distributed systems and messaging/event based architectures
- 5+ years of microservices experience
- 5+ years of experience around RESTful web services
- 3+ years experience working within an agile methodology
- 3+ years of API documentation, preferably using Swagger
- Superior knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity theory and object oriented design
- Should have a solid understanding of Covariance and Contravariance
- Familiarity with domain driven design a big plus
- Familiarity with Jenkins CI technologies
- Knowledge of UI technologies, specifically Angular
- Experience with financial platforms, a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud technologies, a plus
- Bachelors degree preferred or commensurate industry experience
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Are you up for the challenge?