at Apiture • Wilmington, NC(View all jobs)
We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Wanted: implementations specialist - Engineering, professional services
You ever wanted to know how “App’s” work? Have you ever scratched your head and wondered about how your banking website works? Do you have an insatiable curiosity for digital technology and how software is deployed? Welcome to Apiture!
Apiture, headquartered in Wilmington, NC, is ready to welcome you into the world of a digital transformation. We are looking for smart, extremely motivated, and ready to learn career minded professionals to join our team as an Implementations Specialist.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, leading strong, and need you to help lead our projects, deliver exceptional quality implementations, and continue to drive our continued track record of customer success.
We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in Downtown Wilmington, right in the middle of some of the best dining on the East Coast, and only a three-minute walk to Wilmington’s famous Riverfront. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, free gym access, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over five hundred financial institutions and millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, we’re profitable, and we’re growing – fast. Stop accepting the mundane and get excited about your future – at Apiture.
1) Serve as an ambassador of Apiture’s values and brand promises – to be capable, committed, composed, and compassionate while delivering a one-of-a-kind implementation experience that is unapparelled in the FinTech space
2) Act as a liaison between Apiture and Financial Institutions on implementations, conversion projects, program upgrades, technical changes or service projects that require fewer complex solutions while emerging into more advanced engineering solutions
3) May be responsible for the entire implementation configurations or specific areas as part of an implementation/conversion team
4) May need to develop, coordinate, and manage project plans, task schedules and resource activities to ensure on-time and effective project delivery – from an engineering perspective
5) Key activities may include planning, making release scope decisions, managing issues to resolution, scheduling testing, facilitation of cross team review and approval sessions, and leading technical walk-through with client.
6) Interfaces with the Network, Operations and Application groups and ensure that the project tasks are delivered timely and successfully.
7) May assist programmers with system validation process, updating file format specs, creating test scripts, providing production support or managing/monitoring the test system.
8) Coordinate and collaborative with other Project Managers, Engineers, and Leadership at Apiture including but not limited to other division team members and Customer Success Managers on behalf of our customers for the successful deployment and utilization of Apiture software
9) Evangelize Apiture services and products to clients, sales, and vendors
10) Gather client requirements for software development that will support the client implementations, projects and/or conversions.
11) May be called upon to work on weekends or off hours depending on the complexity & requirements of project scope
12) Support the team with identifying opportunities to streamline processes, project assignments/scheduling and improve product efficiency
13) Other duties as defined
1) In the first 30-60 days, you’ll onboard, be immersed to your implementations and engineering team and begin learning
2) In the first 90-120 days, you’ll be well on your way to learning the Apiture methodologies and tackling your first project assignments
3) In the first year, you will have a path laid for your career learning and development with a focus on education, project engineering, software upgrades, and implementations
Are you up for the challenge?
1) Bachelors required
2) Knowledge of transaction processing systems and formats, release management processes, and operating systems preferred
3) Banking experience preferred
4) Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, HTML, Task Ray, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Windows, Linux, MS Access, SQL, Pear Script, Networking, data mapping, data conversions experience preferred
5) Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
6) Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
7) Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, data analysis, decision making, good initiative, and judgement
8) Strong desire to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
1) The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
2) The ability to work long hours and to multitask
3) Occasional travel required
1) Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
2) The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
3) The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regard to tight deadlines
4) The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary