WANTED: A talented Network Engineer strong working in the Cloud with a “Keep it weird” mentality and Enjoys Live Music!
We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Are you a Cloud Network Engineer who encompasses the “Keep It Weird” culture of Austin? Then consider joining Apiture. You’ll report to the Vice President of Engineering, and be a hands-on team member that will drive technology standards across the business. You will be working with a team of highly talented software engineers, security specialists in an effort to develop practical scalable solutions in AWS through existing or new applications.
As if chilling to the tunes of local bands and sipping local brews weren’t enough, we offer an inspiring work place too! Our office is just a short hop away from the shops and dining at The Domain and The Arboretum. We provide generous compensation and benefits packages, a gym on-site, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over five hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, we’re profitable, and we’re growing – fast.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions.
- Design and implement disaster recovery solutions.
- Support services for related technologies: O365 Active Directory, Kerberos, and Federation.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 Firewalls and WAFs
- Advanced Knowledge of AWS Load Balancers, Route 53, AWS Peering, AWS Cloud Front
- Advanced level knowledge of automation frameworks such a Ansible and Puppet
- An advanced level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, FTPS, SSH, SMTP.
- Strong expertise at network documentation
- Knowledge of common network monitoring utilities
- Participation in on-call rotation
- Minimum 4 years of experience in design, implement, monitor and manage networks.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing networks within Azure / AWS / Google cloud.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
- Managing virtual networks (and subnets) with VPC peering
- Managing Cloud Based VPN (Site to Site, Point to Site) and corporate networks.
- Managing IaaS based firewalls and WAFs such as F5, PaloAlto, Cisco, and AWS WAF in the cloud.
- Extensive experience with a UNIX command line environment and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF.
- Experience working with Windows/Linux/Mac
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis.
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution.
- Industry certifications preferred but not required.
- DevOps background when proven automation and validation of delivery pipelines.
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Are you up for the challenge?
Jobs fill up fast at up-and-coming companies located in one of America’s fastest-growing and most desirable metro areas. Apply today!