We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
WANTED: SOFTWARE ENGINEER with a “Keep it weird” mentality.
Are you an software engineer who encompasses the “Keep It Weird” culture of Austin? Then consider joining Apiture. We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency.
Reporting to the Manager of Applications Development, the software engineer will be responsible for strategic type projects. You will be working with a team of highly talented software engineers in an effort to develop practical scalable solutions through existing or new applications.
As if chilling to the tunes of local bands and sipping local brews weren’t enough, we offer an inspiring work place too! Our office is just a short hop away from the shops and dining at The Domain and The Arboretum. We provide generous compensation and benefits packages, a gym on-site, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over five hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, we’re profitable, and we’re growing – fast.
- Passionate self-starter who can be visionary, detailed-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Proven experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages, preferably Perl, Java, or Node.js
- Familiarity with database technologies such as Oracle
- Experience working with collaborative geographically dispersed team members
- Solid communication and troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of agile principles
- Coding of new features and functions
- Code review to ensure the appropriate design, performance, and security of the platform
- Fix defects reported by Quality Assurance
- Update technical documentation based on project need
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product features, and schedules
- Technical design of feature sets
- Exposure to web services
- 3+ years experience working within a Java, Perl, or Node.js environment.
- 2+ years experience working within an agile methodology
- 2+ years of experience using Jira, Bitbucket, and GIT
- 1+ years of experience around RESTful web services
- 1+ years of API documentation, preferably using Swagger
- 1+ years of experience around system design
- 1+ years of Unix or Linux experience
- Superior knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity theory and object oriented design
- Familiarity with text editors or IDE’s, preferably Eclipse, Emacs, or VS Code.
- Familiarity with Jenkins CI technologies
- Knowledge of UI technologies, specifically Angular
- Experience with financial platforms, a plus
- Cloud environment experience, a plus
- AWS certifications, a plus
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Are you up for the challenge?
Jobs fill up fast at up-and-coming companies located in one of America’s fastest-growing and most desirable metro areas. Apply today!