At Apiture, our mission is to empower financial institutions to know and serve their clients with the care of a traditional community institution at the scale, speed, and efficiency required in today’s digital world. With more than 300 clients throughout the U.S., we deliver comprehensive online and mobile solutions that support banks and credit unions, ranging from small community financial institutions to new, innovative direct banks.
Apiture, headquartered in Wilmington, NC, in conjunction with our Austin, TX team is ready to welcome you into the world of a digital transformation. We are looking for smart, extremely motivated, and ready to learn career minded professionals to join our team as a Project Engineer.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions need to be based out of those offices, we will consider remote candidates based in the Eastern or Central Time zones for this position.
- Serve as an ambassador of Apiture’s values and brand promises – to be capable, committed, composed, and compassionate while delivering a one-of-a-kind implementation experience that is unparalleled in the FinTech space
- Act as a liaison between Apiture and financial institutions on implementations, conversion projects, program upgrades, technical changes, or service projects
- May be responsible for the configuration of an entire implementation or for specific areas as part of an implementation/conversion team
- May need to develop, coordinate, and manage project plans, task schedules and resource activities to ensure on-time and effective project delivery as approached from an engineering perspective
- Key activities may include planning, making release scope decisions, managing issues to resolution, scheduling testing, facilitation of cross team review and approval sessions, and leading technical walk-throughs with clients.
- Interfaces with the Networking, Operations, and Application groups to ensure the timely and successful delivery of project tasks.
- May assist programmers with system validations, updating file format specs, creating test scripts, providing production support or managing/monitoring the test system.
- Coordinate and collaborative with project managers, engineers, and leadership at Apiture, including but not limited to other division team members and Customer Success Managers, on behalf of our customers for the successful deployment and utilization of Apiture software.
- Evangelize Apiture services and products to clients, sales, and vendors.
- Gather client requirements for software development to support client implementations, projects, and/or conversions.
- May be called upon to work on weekends or off hours depending on the complexity and requirements of project scope.
- Support the team with identifying opportunities to streamline processes, project assignments/scheduling, and improve product efficiency.
- Other duties as defined.
- Bachelors degree required in computer science or related field
- Database management skills required
- Willingness to work with transaction processing systems and formats, release management processes, and operating systems
- Demonstrated experience of Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, HTML, Task Ray, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Windows, Linux, MS Access, SQL, PerlScript, networking, data mapping, and data conversion experience preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, data analysis, decision making, good initiative, and judgement
- Strong desire to learn
- Be immersed to your implementations and engineering team, and begin learning
- Learn Apiture’s methodologies and tackling your first project assignments
- Have a path laid for your career learning and development with a focus on education, project engineering, software upgrades, and implementations