At Apiture, our mission is to empower financial institutions to know and serve their clients with the care of a traditional community institution at the scale, speed, and efficiency required in today’s digital world. With more than 300 clients throughout the U.S., we deliver comprehensive online and mobile solutions that support banks and credit unions, ranging from small community financial institutions to new, innovative direct banks.
Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for the development of strategic roadmap initiatives to deliver innovative solutions to Apiture’s customers.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions need to be office based, we will consider remote candidates depending on their time zone.
- Provide technical and people leadership while making key decisions related to software engineering
- Drive Agile based product development, supporting organizational priorities and innovation
- Work with key stakeholders and a cross functional team to scope, estimate, and plan future projects
- Work closely with the development team, product owner, and cross-functional team members to deliver fully integrated, ready for production capabilities in each software release
- Drive the development team towards the software release schedule, instill a sense of urgency, and find / coordinate solutions to remove blocking issues
- Leverage experience and expertise in managing large software development teams to ensure good software development practices are followed, including proper unit test coverage, design reviews, architectural oversight, etc.
- Coordinate with QA to ensure completeness of testing and triage of defects to reach established quality criteria prior to release of the software
- Be a champion for non-functional and operational requirements of the software that may not be accounted for by the Product team and functional requirements
- Define key milestones, KPI’s, and outcome metrics to measure progress for development of the software
- Foster and implement process improvement through feedback from within the team, across the organization, and your own self-drive
- Take an active role in the mentoring and career progression of assigned team members, and guide key roles within the development team
- Recruit and train exceptional employees to fulfill posted positions within Engineering
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years leading/managing a software engineering team to deliver ready for production software products
- 2+ years proven experience developing scalable / secure platforms
- 1+ year experience incident management
- Experience managing all aspects of software delivery, including development, software architecture, QA, requirements, release management, etc.
- Ability to understand both technical and functional problems to actively participate in issue resolution and negotiation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Passion for learning, building software quickly, driving value, and mitigating risk
- Knowledge of DevOps practices
- Excellent communicator
- Global mindset
- Proactive work habits and strong interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork within and between teams
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and managing software engineering teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture via technical expertise and problem solving to prioritize and manage issues
Nice To Have:
- Prior experience as a software engineer and/or technical lead is preferred
- Experience in designing and building modern services on AWS is a plus
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Fintech experience is a huge plus
- Project management background and good practical experience building software development plans