At Apiture, our mission is to empower financial institutions to know and serve their clients with the care of a traditional community institution at the scale, speed, and efficiency required in today’s digital world. With more than 300 clients throughout the U.S., we deliver comprehensive online and mobile solutions that support banks and credit unions, ranging from small community financial institutions to new, innovative direct banks.
Reporting to an Engineering Team Lead, the API Software Engineer is highly skilled in developing business services and exposing those services through RESTful APIs.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions are office based, we will also consider remote candidates depending on their time zone.
- Work collaboratively with the frontend (web and mobile), Product, and Architecture teams to develop, test and deliver new features.
- Translate product requirements, API specifications and technical designs into backend services and world-class APIs that support our applications and direct integration by our clients’ applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs gathered from reporting tools, QA, and user feedback.
- Document your code and keep it easy to maintain and configure.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical product documentation.
- Develop well encapsulated unit tests and ensure good code coverage when submitting PRs for review by the team lead and other engineers.
- Work independently on tasks and seek input/feedback from other team members as needed.
- Work on a small to medium sized Agile team, but as part of a larger multi-team, cross functional environment.
- Strong experience with SQL, database design and implementation
- Experience working in an agile development environment and within a small but nimble scrum team
- 3+ years’ experience as a software engineer developing services that support the implementation of RESTful APIs.
running on Node.js
- Familiarity with a wide variety of open-source technologies and deployment to cloud platforms, such as AWS.
- Detail oriented with a track record of personal accountability for building high quality software.
- Proactive work habits and ability to work towards a deadline.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, teamwork-based environment.
- Curious with a passion for learning.
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with NestJS is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL is a nice to have.
- Familiarity with Serverless concepts and patterns.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Prior experience building enterprise level applications, preferably within the banking space, but other relating industries a plus.