At Apiture, our mission is to empower financial institutions to know and serve their clients with the care of a traditional community institution at the scale, speed, and efficiency required in today’s digital world. With more than 300 clients throughout the U.S., we deliver comprehensive online and mobile solutions that support banks and credit unions, ranging from small community financial institutions to new, innovative, direct banks.
Our small in-house design team seeks a Sr. Product Designer to work on our suite of banking-related software products. If you are a user-focused designer seeking to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment and enjoy taking ownership of your work, exploring user needs, and making an impact, we want to hear from you.
As a Sr. Product Designer at Apiture, you'll be responsible for working with cross-functional teams to solve design problems. We're looking for a self-starter with strong UI design skills and the desire to own the UI/UX of a product. Your work will definitely include creating visual UI mockups and clickable prototypes, but might also include user research, maintaining shared libraries and design systems, facilitating workshops, and more.
Please include a link to your portfolio when applying.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions are office-based, we will also consider remote candidates depending on their time zone.
- Interface design for web (including responsive web) and native mobile apps
- Growth mindset with a desire to continue broadening UX skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within established design guidelines
- Familiarity with user research and testing methodologies
- Critical thinking
- Comfortable taking design ownership within your cross-functional squad
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years designing apps or software
- 2+ years using Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- 2+ years working with Agile development teams
- Experience designing apps or software
- Experience using Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD (we use Figma)
- Experience working with an Agile development team
- Familiarity with UX practices and philosophy
- Familiarity with design systems