This key role will help build-out Apiture’s future operating model. The Director of Compliance & Controls is responsible for establishing, managing, and maintaining an effective Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) Program. This leadership position will foster a common vision and provide clear direction on compliance priorities across the organization. You will challenge others to drive for results and will focus attention to, and guide others in, meeting compliance priorities.
The primary role is to ensure the organization is in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company's Standards of Conduct. This involves identifying what legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements the organization must comply with, coordinating compliance activities with key stakeholders, and creating and reporting metrics.
- Drafting, establishing, drafting, updating and revising all compliance related policies for Apiture
- Assisting departments in developing regulatory compliant procedures and practices
- Working with external compliance auditors and consultants, serving as their primary contact and ensuring all audit issues are appropriately addressed
- Working with State and Federal regulators to prepare for and assist with periodic compliance examinations
- Reporting to the Board of Directors’ Compliance Committee on a recurring basis
- Proactively identify potential gaps in controls and recommend corrective action. Communicate compliance deficiencies to senior management via metrics and other means, and collaborate with leadership to develop and implement corrective action to resolve gaps.
- Prepare formal written reports identifying exceptions and risk exposures to regulatory violations and make appropriate control recommendations.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing program for training personnel, and subsequently conduct training in effective control management, audit processes and other compliance subjects
- Complete all registration and compliance requirements for the organization
- Testing and monitoring various business activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and recommended best practices
- Working with senior management as they develop new products and services to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and recommended best practices
- Conducting Risk Management and controls assessments and analyses to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a motivated, self-starter who can independently handle tasks with little oversight
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated organization skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to quickly take on new tasks and complete it within deadline
- Strong follow-up skills; demonstrated accountability for role and responsibilities
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential data with utmost discretion
- High proficiency with MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project, SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree with information systems, accounting, finance, or mathematics emphasis preferred. Experience may compensate for some or all educational requirements.
- Potential certifications could include GRC Professional (GRCP), Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager(CRCM), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), and the Certified Bank Compliance Officer (CBCO).
- 5+years of experience with proven audit, compliance, financial services operations and/or regulatory experience, or equivalent with emphasis on FFIEC regulatory environment is desired. Supervisor/management experience preferred
- Excellent leadership ability and organizational skills
- Experience with report and dashboard design and development in a project role or user role is beneficial
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) business implications of insights gained with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities, projects and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Must be a positive change agent with the ability to influence business decisions and constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office tools
- Preferred experience in Fintech industry.
Physical Demands/Work Environment Requirements:
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Infrequent travel will be required (~10-20%)
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regards to tight deadlines
- The ability to make decision and exercise discretion when necessary