We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
The Delivery Manager is accountable for the successful implementation and delivery of the Apiture Open software for our customers and manages Apiture’s relationship throughout the implementation with the customer’s senior management. Depending upon the size and complexity of the project, the Senior Delivery Manager may also be directly responsible for managing the project from its kick-off through launch and transition to Production Support. This person works closely with the customer to manage the project and leads a professional services team comprised of one or more Business Consultants, Deployment Engineers, and other shared resources. He or she also works with 3rd party vendors, ecosystem partners, and internal Apiture teams to coordinate project dependencies and delivery requirements (escalating and/or working with senior management inside and outside of Apiture as necessary) for a successful project implementation.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, leading strong, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions need to be based out of those offices, we will consider remote candidates based in the Eastern or Central Time zones for this position.
- Serve as a professional services delivery consultant to our customer, which may be a bank, credit union, partner, and/or reseller.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the customer and develop relationships with the customer’s senior management and ecosystem partner management upon transition from the Sales team as project planning commences.
- Lead communication efforts with the customer throughout the implementation and post-production launch (prior to transition to Production Support), schedule and facilitate meetings, and be the “quarterback” to ensure timely responses are provided to the customer.
- Own delivery of a large and/or complex project to the customer inclusive of requirements, schedule, quality, resources, budget, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Work with the customer to gather requirements for software development and configuration that will support the implementation of the Apiture SaaS software and/or required data conversion.
- Lead the construction of the Statement of Work before delivery to the customer and play an active role in its negotiation prior to the start of the project.
- Work with the customer and ecosystem partners to construct a project charter that outlines responsibilities for Apiture, the customer, other ecosystem partners and relevant 3rd party vendors.
- Develop and maintain a project plan, and pro-actively manage project timelines and deliverables to facilitate an on-schedule delivery of the Apiture Saas software with high quality and within budget.
- Negotiate change controls as appropriate based on scope and requirement changes over time.
- Prepare and deliver weekly status reports to both internal stakeholders and the customer.
- Actively manage risks, issues and decisions to reach a timely resolution
- Assign priorities and manage defects against release criteria to release on schedule.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure complete test coverage of customer configurations and any customizations to the Apiture software for the customer.
- Ensure project tracking reports, including billable and non-billable hours are accurate and current. Provide reports to the Apiture Finance team for monthly invoicing to the customer.
- Responsible for the continued development, analysis and management of reports, dashboards, and other data as needed by Apiture leadership
- Establish goals for the team, provide feedback and coaching, and evaluate goals over time
- Assist with the hiring and onboarding of new development team members as necessary
- Inspire a shared vision of thinking critically and creatively to adapt and prepare for future trends and industry changes.
- Challenge the process by always looking for creative solutions so that we can enhance the customer journey and improve the customer’s experience.
- Maintain knowledge transfer through Confluence, Sharepoint and other mechanisms
- Monitor and manage tickets (i.e. defects, change requests, etc.) entered by the customer in Salesforce.
- Monitor and track internal dependencies using JIRA and Aha!.
- Create support tickets in 3rd party vendor and/or ecosystem partner support sites, monitor their progress, and seek resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to distill critical information in a concise manner for executive leadership
- Strong decision-making skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to understand and communicate both business and technical information
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as work as a team player
- Must have the ability and desire to wear multiple hats and play a flexible role in a growing business from a management perspective
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate industry experience
- Strong background in project management with a proven record of successful delivery of software to customers
- Experience managing and delivering large and/or complex software projects, preferably in a SaaS model.
- Prior consulting and/or customer facing experience is required
- Experience working in a start-up type environment with hands-on experience with various facets of software delivery is a plus.
- Experience in banking, financial services or fintech is preferred
- Experience with cloud deployed software solutions is desired, with a preference towards Amazon Web Services.
- Experience managing software development and/or software testing is a plus.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, SalesForce, Smartsheet, Airtable, Team Gantt, and Microsoft Office experience is preferred
- Experience with Agile Scrum or Kanban software development methodologies is desired.
Are you up for the challenge?