We are an Open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Apiture has a need for an energetic communicator to lead and manage software development projects as a Technical Project Manager. You will ensure software development projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget. You will also work as a central point of contact between development, product, and support teams.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, leading strong, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions need to be based out of those offices, we will consider remote candidates based in the Eastern or Central Time zones for this position.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all team members are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Scrum, Jira and BitBucket knowledge a plus
- High level understanding of software development life cycles
- Process oriented
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Manage direct reports with regular individual meetings, providing feedback, advice, and coaching.
- Recruit and train exceptional employees to fulfill posted positions within the technical department
- Define key milestones, KPI s and outcome metrics to measure progress for the enterprise
- Deliver the ability to demo a fully integrated E2E Product / Capability at the end of every sprint
- Lead the organizational best practice to deliver a fully integrated potentially shippable E2E Product release within a defined increment, such as a sprint
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture via technical expertise and problem solving to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Eagerness to ramp up quickly, ramp up teams quickly, and learn new technologies.
- A++ oral and written communication skills with high aptitude for influence regardless of form
- Self motivated, accountable, and able to motivate teammates.
- Strong technical background with 5+/10+ year’s experience building and overseeing all stages of software development lifecycle.
- Position requires proactive work habits and strong interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork within and between teams.
- Candidate should have familiarity with financial information systems (e.g., online banking).
- Responsible to lead the planning, delivery, and implementation of complex E2E Marketplace Product Launches through agile development.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
Are you up for the challenge?