We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Awesome APIs and an awesome Developer Experience (DX) are crucial to what Apiture creates for developers. As an API First company, Apiture crafts Open APIs as a foundational component of our comprehensive open banking platforms, Apiture Open and Apiture Xpress. Developer Experience (DX) is a deliberate, designed aspect of our product that encompasses all touch points that developer customers have when building great solutions using the Apiture platforms and suite of APIs.
As an Apiture API Architect, you will be a key team member creating APIs and DX that will attract and retain developers. Well-designed APIs and Developer Experience makes our APIs a joy to work with throughout the entire application development lifecycle.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, leading strong, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
Location (Wilmington, NC, Austin, TX, Remote):
We have offices in Wilmington, NC and Austin, TX and while some positions need to be based out of those offices, we will consider remote candidates based in the Eastern or Central Time zones for this position.
- Create Great APIs – As an API architect, you will contribute to the design and architecture of Apiture's APIs. You will employ (and develop!) our rich set of tools for transforming customer product requirements into secure, consistent, complete, and evolvable APIs which solve challenging real-world customer problems in digital banking. You will build, validate, and maintain API First pipeline tools to create and validate API designs and create other software artifacts such as SDKs from the API definitions. You will start with enhancing existing APIs and progress to creating new APIs to solve emerging business needs. Apiture API Architects are responsible for the API design; other teams provide the implementation and API & platform back-end.
- Create Great API documentation – the documentation must be compelling, attractive, easy to navigate and search. It should not just answer developers' questions but anticipate them. It must honor the way developers think and fit naturally to help solve their problems. Documentation includes reference documentation, usage and guidance, HOW-TOs, concepts and conventions and terminology, tutorials, and reference applications and examples in multiple programming languages. Documentation is live, with the ability to try things out in a safe sandbox to see how the actual API calls work, what the request and response bodies look like, and how errors are handled.
- Generate Software Development Kits – create and support Apiture-developed SDKs for the Apiture platform. Manage different SDKs for different programming languages or platforms. "Native" SDKs present the feature set of the APIs using the idioms and conventions of the target programming language and hide the HTTP transport protocol upon which Apiture REST APIs are built.
- Support developers through community forums, whether they are Apiture-hosted discussion boards or external boards (Slack, StackOverflow, GitHub, etc.).
- Continuously evolve and improve the Apiture DX.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate industry experience
- OpenAPI 3.x, JSON Schema, AsyncAPI 2.0, YAML, OWASP API Security Top Ten
- Familiarity with API Style Guides and API Governance
- Familiarity with OpenAPI validators and linters, test frameworks, and code generation tools
- Excellent knowledge of implementation and system evolution constraints on efficient and robust API designs.
- Proficient with secure coding practices to prevent fraud, abuse, etc.
- Proficient with API Gateways, API key management, monitoring and reporting tools.
- Application, command-line, and service development experience, Node.js
- Digital Banking and finance domain knowledge a plus
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excels at reducing complex problems into clear, concise, maintainable, well-documented APIs and sample applications.
- A passion for creating tools to accelerate software development for others.
- A strong bent for delivering quality products.
- Willingness to travel periodically and meet with developers.
- Work with Apiture Technical Writers in producing Apiture Open Platform documentation.
Are you up for the challenge?