We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
As a DevOps engineer you’ll develop the software, services, and infrastructure to deploy, maintain, and run our platform. You will develop services and tools for infrastructure management, automation, monitoring, and operations for our engineering, production, and business leadership teams. The ideal candidate will have a passion for automation, infrastructure as code, APIs, big data, and software engineering. In this role, you will work collaboratively with architecture and engineering to improve Apiture’s internal services, tools, and systems that help internal teams achieve their business needs and goals.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in mid-town Wilmington, on Live Oak Bank’s campus. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, onsite gym, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have not heard of us yet, rest assured – hundreds of financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, and we’re growing – fast.
This role will be based out of our Wilmington, NC office, but consideration will be given to remote applicants based regionally as well.
- Design and architect new tools and improve on existing tools to help automate tasks for the PlatformTeam, Engineering, Professional Services, and other teams.
- Help maintain and improve internal services quality and reliability across our platform services
- Participate in the implementation and management of continuous build and deployment systems and tools
- Monitor systems status and health checks to help maintain operational excellence across our software platform
- Leverage DevOps techniques and practices to include Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment test build automation working with key application architects and application developers
- Lead efforts working with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems
- Ability to leads teams to stand on their own
- Create new tools and improve on existing tools with the guidance of senior Platform Team engineers to help automate tasks for the Platform Team and other teams across the organization
- Participate in sprint and project planning and peer reviews
- Enjoys building things from repository to deployed code running in production
- Cares about maintainable code, keeping its integrity
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services -- participate in a data driven culture.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment, continuously working to adapt our process to new circumstances.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Able to mentor different teams across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 7+ years of software development and infrastructure engineering experience
- Experience with two or more of the following languages: Go, NodeJS, and/or Python•Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers such as GCP, Azure, or IBM
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef, or Puppet or other infrastructure as code / configuration management tools and/or concepts
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, or AKS), and/or AWS ECS
- Experience and solid understanding of complex, multi-region, highly available state-less and state-full deployments
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced trouble shooting and debugging abilities.
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful API services
- A self-starter who can be visionary, detailed-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef, or Puppet or other infrastructure as code/configuration management toolsand/or concepts
- Experience with Docker, ECS/EKS, and/or Kubernetes technologies
- Experience leading cross functional projects from start to completion
Are you up for the challenge?