We are an Open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
The QA Consultant is directly responsible for managing implementation quality of the Apiture Open software for our customers. This person works closely with the Project Manager, Business Consultant, and the customer to manage user acceptance testing, coordinate defect intake and remediation, and educate our customers on testing best practices, for the Apiture Open software (and its integrations).
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, leading strong, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in mid-town Wilmington, on Live Oak Bank’s campus. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, onsite gym, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over four hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, and we’re growing – fast.
This role will be based out of our Wilmington, NC office, but consideration will be given to remote applicants based regionally as well.
- Serve as a quality controller to our Professional Services team and customers, which may be banks, credit unions, partners, and/or resellers.
- Design standardized and bespoke user acceptance test plans for the customer and work with the Professional Services team to present these plans to the customer.
- Educate the customer on the Apiture Open software, standardized testing procedures and defect reporting procedures.
- Own the end-to-end coordination of pre-production defect remediation.
- Act as the point person for collecting defect logs, feature research, or other diagnostic information from Apiture Product or Development teams, the customer or third-party partners.
- Work closely with Apiture product owners to schedule defect remediation into sprints.
- Work closely with Apiture developers to quickly diagnose defects.
- Practice vigilance in assessing reported defects; always being on the look-out for scope creep, tester errors, and missing information.
- Practice patience and understanding when engaging with the customer during testing and be always seeking opportunities to educate and improve the customer’s experience.
- Maintain regular engagement with automated testing teams to identify missing tests and improve testing accuracy
- Inspire a shared vision of thinking critically and creatively to adapt and prepare for future trends and industry changes.
- Challenge the process by always looking for creative solutions so that we can enhance the customer journey and improve the customer’s experience.
- Provide feedback on software quality, test coverage, and testing practices to the Apiture Development teams.
- Collaborate with internal Apiture teams to improve testing practices and test automation.
- Contribute towards and help define quality assurance practices used in Apiture Open Professional Services designed to improve the quality of software delivery to our customers.
- Maintain knowledge transfer through Confluence, Sharepoint and other mechanisms
- Monitor and manage tickets (i.e. defects, change requests, etc.) entered by the customer in Salesforce.
- Create support tickets in 3rd party vendor and/or ecosystem partner support sites, monitor their progress, and seek resolution.
- Strong background in software quality assurance and testing of integrated software products: 3-5 years of experience
- Prior professional services, consulting and/or customer facing experience in a software quality assurance or test lead role is required: 3-5 years
- Experience with test automation of both web and mobile applications is desired.
- Experience in banking, financial services or fintech is preferred
- Experience working on software projects in a SaaS model is preferred.
- Experience with cloud deployed software solutions is desired.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, SalesForce, Smartsheet, Airtable, and Microsoft Office experience is preferred
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies is desired.
- Bachelors degree in related field of study
Are you up for the challenge?