at Apiture • Austin, TX(View all jobs)
We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Are you an aspiring software engineer?
Then consider joining Apiture. We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. Reporting to the Development Manager, the ambitious software engineer will be responsible for strategic type projects. You will be working with a team of highly talented senior software engineers in an effort to develop practical scalable solutions through existing or new applications.
We provide the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over four hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance and we’re growing – fast.
· Passionate self-starter who can be visionary, detailed-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
· Excited about learning and growing in your career
· Solid communication and troubleshooting abilities
· Not afraid to have a voice
· Experiment with a variety of pet-projects
· Love technology
· Coding of new features and functions
· Fix defects reported by Quality Assurance
· Update technical documentation based on project need
· Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product features, and schedules
· Assist senior engineers with a variety of tasks
· Technical design of feature sets
· Experience working within a Java, Perl, Node.js environment or any other relevant object-oriented language
· Exposure to code management methodologies
· Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity theory, and object-oriented design
· Cloud environment experience, a plus
· AWS experience, a plus
· Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
· Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
· The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
· Learning, thinking, concentration
· The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
· The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
· The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Are you up for the challenge?