We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
Apiture, headquartered in Wilmington, NC, in conjunction with our Austin, TX team is ready to welcome you into the world of a digital transformation. We are looking for smart, extremely motivated, and ready to learn career minded professionals to join our team as a Project Engineer.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in mid-town Wilmington, on Live Oak Bank’s campus. Meanwhile, in Austin, we housed in a brand-new, state-of-the-art building among the best dining options and within minutes of downtown Austin’s “keeping it weird” world.
We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, onsite gym, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have not heard of us yet, rest assured – over four hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, and we’re growing – fast.
- Serve as an ambassador of Apiture’s values and brand promises – to be capable, committed, composed, and compassionate while delivering a one-of-a-kind implementation experience that is unapparelled in the FinTech space
- Act as a liaison between Apiture and financial institutions on implementations, conversion projects, program upgrades, technical changes, or service projects
- May be responsible for the configuration of an entire implementation or for specific areas as part of an implementation/conversion team
- May need to develop, coordinate, and manage project plans, task schedules and resource activities to ensure on-time and effective project delivery as approached from an engineering perspective
- Key activities may include planning, making release scope decisions, managing issues to resolution, scheduling testing, facilitation of cross team review and approval sessions, and leading technical walk-throughs with clients.
- Interfaces with the Networking, Operations, and Application groups to ensure the timely and successful delivery of project tasks.
- May assist programmers with system validations, updating file format specs, creating test scripts, providing production support or managing/monitoring the test system.
- Coordinate and collaborative with project managers, engineers, and leadership at Apiture, including but not limited to other division team members and Customer Success Managers, on behalf of our customers for the successful deployment and utilization of Apiture software.
- Evangelize Apiture services and products to clients, sales, and vendors.
- Gather client requirements for software development to support client implementations, projects, and/or conversions.
- May be called upon to work on weekends or off hours depending on the complexity and requirements of project scope.
- Support the team with identifying opportunities to streamline processes, project assignments/scheduling, and improve product efficiency.
- Other duties as defined.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, data analysis, decision making, good initiative, and judgement
- Strong desire to learn
- Be immersed to your implementations and engineering team, and begin learning
- Learn Apiture’s methodologies and tackling your first project assignments
- Have a path laid for your career learning and development with a focus on education, project engineering, software upgrades, and implementations
- Bachelors degree required
- Prior banking and / or FinTech experience required
- Demonstrated experience (5+ yrs) of database management
- Demonstrated experience with transaction processing systems and formats, release management processes, and operating systems
- Demonstrated experience of Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, HTML, Task Ray, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Windows, Linux, MS Access, SQL, PerlScript, networking, data mapping, and data conversion experience preferred
Are you up for the challenge?