Apiture is delivering world-class digital banking software through both white label, managed solutions, as well as APIs and SDKs empowering software developers to build and craft unique, powerful solutions for financial institutions and fintechs. To best serve our growing developer community, we are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer on a contract basis. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with our Developer Experience, Product, and Engineering teams to document our APIs and SDKs, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner, and ensure accuracy of product descriptions. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer, particularly in the financial services industry and writing for software developer audiences, we would love to have you on the team.
Role is contract-based, expected to run 3-6 months and can potentially be remotely-based.
- Create clear and concise technical documentation to help consumers succeed with Apiture APIs, SDKs, and products
- Curate content for the Apiture Developer Portal, including reference, tutorials and examples, help, and support material
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Organize complex, interrelated, non-linear documentation into easily consumable and navigable collections
- Manage updates and revisions to technical documentation
- Proven experience creating engaging content in a technical writing position
- Experience documenting APIs and SDKs for developer audiences
- Financial service industry experience (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Applicant will be considered on the basis of their work experience, not educational background.
- 5+ years in technical writing in a software development environment.
- 3+ years working in financial services in a technical capacity (preferred).
- Familiarity with source code control, Markdown, template-based automated documentation generation systems, and content management systems (preferred).
- Experience with Agile practices, rapid iteration, and continuous delivery (preferred).
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Apiture is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.