at Apiture • Wilmington, NC(View all jobs)
You will lead the effort to deliver new-to-world digital banking solutions to market. You will be responsible for making strategic decisions around emerging technologies, ensuring efficient delivery of API-based software, establishing and running effective technology operations, and helping define business strategy. You will lead a team of highly talented software engineers, UI / UX engineers, project management, and QA engineers in an effort to move several cutting edge FinTech solutions to market for customer consumption.
THE DAY TO DAY:
• Lead the design of new applications and technology and positively influence the design efforts of other leaders through collaboration and participation in the discovery, documentation and validation designs before and during software development
• Articulate to customers and prospects the technology ecosystem
• Stay informed of new technology patterns and trends. Spearhead the evolution and scalability of standards and technology
• Oversee the entire SDLC, solution development, and issue resolution
• Collaborates with leadership effectively communicates across the organization with efficiency and transparency
• Lead design and code reviews
• Build meaningful relationships with Product, Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Support, our partner network and customers
• Mentor and provide learning opportunities for your direct reports
• Be a positive force and role model
• Work with your team and Talent Acquisition partners to develop world class recruiting and hiring processes to attract and retain high caliber team members• Assist in the development of an exceptional on-boarding experience
• Mentor direct reports on creating an action plan for career development
• Actively participate in the interview and recruiting process to ensure candidate and employee experience are aligned
• Lead new company culture initiatives
• Cultivate a rich environment for learning, testing new concepts, failing fast and empowering your team to take risks and make good decisions
• Manage and hire to align with core values and higher purpose
• Hold all team members accountable to our core values
• Develop initiatives that enhance project execution and delivery
• Review project level efficiency and provide guidance to team members and senior management on improvements
• Maintain, improve and manage firm SDLC practices.
• Develop and oversee developer metrics.
• Assist with definition and execution of productizing niche’ applications for the FinTech industry
• Assist in overall partner and Fintech strategy
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment and working directly with developers, program managers, product managers and business owners for implementation of designs.
• Understanding and training in 3GL programming languages.
• Deep understanding and experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Node.js, Lamba, Kubernetes)
• Experience with Gang of four programming patterns.
• Experience in implementing SOAP or REST web services.
• Demonstrated experience in RDMS designs and patterns.
• Demonstrated understand of object concepts.
• Depth of experience with Agile release cycles and modern DevOps practices
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Passionate self-starter who can be visionary, detailed-oriented and an enthusiastic team player.
• Experience writing SOQL and SOSL queries
• Prior history of engineering / developing with complex languages
• Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
• Solid communication and troubleshooting skills
• 15 + years experience related to Software and Product Development
• Software Startup experience
• Proven track record to steering engineering teams to ship product under tight deadlines
• Mentor other team members
• Track record of success in building a high caliber team of software engineers
• Proven history of making informed platform and advanced technology decisions
• Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Proven experience with analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale cloud based applications
• Superior knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity theory and object oriented design.
To be successful in this position, you will:
• Successfully mentor team members
• Effectively recruit and hire new team members
• Maintain a culture that accurately represents our core values
• Be flexible, adaptable, and entrepreneurial
• Develop meaningful relationships with your team, internal stakeholders, external vendors and customers
• Continue to drive your limits of learning and self-awareness
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
• Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
• Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
• The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
• Learning, thinking, concentration
• The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
• The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
• The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessar