We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us, and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with development during sprint planning to design what tests will need to be written and passed for the sprint to be considered complete. Must be able to work with the development team to help them understand tests, but also ready to be a staunch defender of quality when your tests stand between them and the finish line of done and in production.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in mid-town Wilmington, on Live Oak Bank’s campus. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, onsite gym, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have not heard of us yet, rest assured – over four hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, and we’re growing – fast.
- Question tradition and automate everything.
- Enjoy putting quality gates in place to ensure issues are found fast and fixed before ever coming close to production.
- Hands-on in our CICD process using Jenkins and any other tool or process needed to get the job done.
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously working to adapt our process to new circumstances.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Work collaboratively with development during sprint planning to design what tests will need to be written and passed for the sprint to be considered complete.
- Work with the development team to help them understand tests, but also ready to be a staunch defender of quality when your tests stand between them and the finish line of done and in production.
- Follow documented test cases to ensure quality of the application and prevent regression during the sprint lifecycle.
- Create test cases for newly implemented features.
- Automate test cases for new and existing features in the application.
- Troubleshoot encountered application errors and document them in Jira.
- Understand the full SDLC process of how code is built, tested and deployed to our customers.
- Build/Maintain web, API and mobile automation tools and frameworks.
- Analyze the integration with vendor partners to ensure compatibility of our application in test and production environments.
- Identify areas of improvement that will help build and deploy updates across multiple environments more effectively.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3-10+ years of software development and quality engineering experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity theory and object-oriented design.
- Solid programming experience, NodeJS and Typescript preferred.
- Experience with automated (JS) testing frameworks such as Cypress, Detox, Jasmine, Jest.
Are you up for the challenge?