at Apiture • Wilmington(View all jobs)
Wanted: Wave Riding DevOps Engineer
Are you an up-and-coming DevOps focused engineer seeking to master surfing the wave of cloud-native software development and deployment? Then consider joining Apiture’s Wilmington-based team. We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency.
You could be the one to help us master that wave. We need a DevOps engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience. You will work with a team creating CloudFormation templates to build AWS services that support our custom framework. In this role, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Get excited to help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and even help troubleshoot to resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments!
• Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services (experience
with AWS is required)
• Experience with CI/CD processes and best practices • Experience with source control management software such as Git
• Proficiency in Typescript and Groovy • Experience with automation/configuration management using either Jenkins, Puppet,
Chef or an equivalent
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Experience with Docker, ECS/EKS, and/or Kubernetes a plus
• 3-5 years experience in a software engineering or systems administration role
Begin each day from our basecamp.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspiring workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in Downtown Wilmington, right in the middle of some of the best dining on the East Coast, and only a three-minute walk to Wilmington’s famous Riverfront. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, free gym access, beer on tap, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over five hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative
and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, we’re profitable, and we’re growing – fast.
• In the first 30 days, you’ll have learned our CI/CD pipeline, how it works with AWS and
built your first pipeline.
• In the first 60 days, you’ll have built out our pipeline to become not only an acceleration
tool for our engineering team, but an audit trail for regulatory bodies – we want to use
technology and automation rather than process to solve audit obligations.
• In the first 90 days, you’ll have stood up an automated AWS environment that can be
instantiated on-demand with the push of a button, giving each of our customers a
single-tenant instance of our world-class framework. • In the first six months, you’ll have assisted us in launching our new product and building
out an operations team that monitors our environment 24/7/365.
• In the first year, you will have built out an environment anyone can be proud of – one
that serves hundreds of financial institutions, tens of millions of customers, tens of
trillions of transactions, and you will regularly be writing and attending AWS-oriented
articles and conferences, as an acknowledged expert at your craft.
Are you up for the challenge?
Jobs fill up fast at up-and-coming companies located in one of America’s fastest-growing and most desirable metro areas. So don’t leave us hanging - apply today!