Responsible for the processing of financial transactions and employee expense reimbursements. Interacts with vendors to receive proper documentation and management for proper authorization prior to payment. Maintains invoices and records of payment as required for record retention, tax and legal purposes. Responsible for identifying Company assets and accurately recording additions and deletions in the Fixed Asset module as well as disposal. Has responsibility for monthly depreciation and prepaids processing as well as reviewing balances in the corresponding General Ledger accounts.
- Processes Accounts Payables and Receivables. Works with parent companies to reconcile due to/due from balances.
- Interacts with vendors, as required, to ensure that a properly submitted invoice is received for a payment request and processes those requests through the company’s AP module according to policy.
- Prior to payment, all invoices are properly approved by designated personnel, and all invoices are properly coded to the correct General Ledger account.
- Accurately keys data and gives attention to accounting detail. Ensures that payments are issued properly, accurately and timely.
- Maintains paid invoices and records of payment as required for record retention, tax and legal purposes.
- Interacts with affiliates of Apiture to insure proper payment of all invoices.
- Responsible for recording the cost of newly acquired Fixed Assets (tangible and intangible) into Apiture’s software module. Additionally is responsible for tracking existing Fixed Assets, recording depreciation and accounting for the disposition of Fixed Assets when retired from the company.
- Sets up large items to the prepaid and accrual ledgers as items are identified.
- Makes general ledger entries as required.
- Reviews employee expense reimbursements for accuracy according to policy and processes the reimbursements.
- Clears stale-dated exceptions in the company’s checking accounts.
- Prepares presentations and analyses of the company's expense accounts for management.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required
- Knowledge of standard and GAAP accounting practices
- Detail oriented, high level of ownership and accuracy
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- PC proficiency, with emphasis on spreadsheets
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3-5 years in an accounts payable or similar finance role
- Preferred experience designing/improving processes
- Preferred experience in Fintech industry
Physical Demands/Work Environment Requirements:
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Some travel may be required
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regards to tight deadlines
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary