at Apiture • Austin, TX(View all jobs)
Wanted: Threat-surfing Software Security Architect
Are you an experienced software security architect excited by the challenge of taming the ocean of security threats inherent in the emerging world of cloud-native development? Then consider joining Apiture. We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency.
You could be the one to help us master that wave. We need a Software Security Architect with strong Amazon Web Services experience – bonus points for experience with serverless technologies such as Lambda. You will coach and train our development team in security best-practices, draft policies that let us write secure software fast, represent security in our architectural leadership group, oversee our cloud-based IAM features, integrate security into our CI/CD pipeline, perform penetration testing, and any other tasks you can think of that help us feel confident we’re shipping rock-solid code.
In this role, you’ll: work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems; help automate and streamline our security operations and processes; build and maintain policies and guidelines for developing secure software from the ground up, and demonstrate leadership and passion for shipping the very best cloud-native software in the world.
• Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CSSLP, etc.
• Experience with SOA, web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT.
• Strong understanding of agile development and how to implement security into an agile framework.
• In-depth knowledge of common security flaws and secure coding practices, and the ability to clearly explain security issues to technical teammates.
• Experience using security testing tools such as Fortify and Zed Attack Proxy. You’ll get to help select our toolkit here.
• Ability to identify, re-create, and remediate security defects.
Begin each day from our basecamp:
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired work place, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in Downtown Wilmington, right in the middle of some of the best dining on the East Coast, and only a three-minute walk to Wilmington’s famous Riverfront. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, free gym access, beer on tap, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over five hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, we’re profitable, and we’re growing – fast.
• In the first 30 days, you’ll have scouted out the lay of the land, and have a prioritized list of opportunities you’ve identified to help us write more secure software.
• In the first 60 days, you’ll have published policies detailing IAM access and controls across our development environments and partnered with our development team to automate our AWS-based IAM solution using Cognito.
• In the first 90 days, you’ll have implemented security best-practices into our CI/CD pipeline, so developers are alerted early on when their code is insecure, and you’ll have selected and procured tooling to ensure we have everything we need to write the most secure software possible.
• By day 180, you’ll have assisted in the launch of one or more products, and developed a security dashboard you and our software leadership team to be fully abreast of the state of our security in production.
• By the completion of your first year, you will have spoken with several of our more prominent clients about our security architecture and why it is a value-add to them. You’ll have spoken at one or more industry conferences, written white-papers, and will have established yourself as a prominent security voice in the world of Fintech.
Are you up for the challenge?
Jobs fill up fast at up-and-coming companies located in one of America’s fastest-growing and most desirable metro areas. So don’t leave us hanging - apply today!