We are seeking an experienced Director of Business Development canidate to drive significant sales activity in support of the Apiture sales team. The successful candidate will meet the customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives as defined by the EVP of Sales and the Apiture leadership team.
The Director of Business Development responsibilities include successfully implementing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans as defined by the sales management team. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Director of Business Development duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer challenges.
- Proven sales experience, meeting or exceeding targets in long and complex sales cycles.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to generate new sales leads consistently day in and day out over a given month with C-level execs for a sales team.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within territory and accounts.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends.
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Accountability for understanding a communicating Fintech Industry trends to effectively sell and compete in the open market.
- Ability to set priorities, and the discipline to execute to those priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate complex technical solutions to management or team members is essential.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must have good time management and organizational skills and adhere to deadlines
- Collaborative and handles constructive criticism
- 5 Years of experience in Sales
- Preferred experience software sales selling into the banking industry
- Preferred experience in Fintech industry
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Frequent travel is required
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regards to tight deadlines
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary