We believe the recruitment and development of an all-star team gives Live Oak Bank and it’s affiliated companies the ability to change the world; in our case cultivating the American Dream by providing best-in-class financial services to small businesses. LOB’s people are its most valuable resource, and as the IT Recruiting Manager you’ll work closely with recruiters, hiring manager, executives and interviewers to find humble, collaborative, razor-sharp industry leaders to join the LOB team.
We are seeking a Recruiting IT Lead to help build, maintain, and grow our pipeline of incoming talent. You will be the face of Live Oak Bank for many candidates. This is an opportunity to showcase your organizational expertise, your love for relationship-building with employees and candidates, your strong communication skills, and belief that people are at the heart of every great organization.
- Collaborate with the Head of Recruiting and the Senior Management Team to plan and implement effective recruiting strategies to find the best talent
- Develop Marketing/Sourcing/Analytics/Candidate Experience/On-Boarding/Value Propositions/ and Job Specifications to support full cycle hiring strategies
- Push the boundaries on sourcing and hiring tactics by constantly looking for new and creative ways to attract talent
- Promote LOB’s vision, goals, and products to potential candidates in support of all functions of the company and specifically Information Technology and Software Development.
- Understand our businesses, the markets they are in, the services they provide, the strategic direction of the Company, and the specifics surrounding the roles we are working to fill
- Insure job profiles and position requirements are aligned with business objectives
- Serve as an ambassador of LOB when reaching out to candidates; cold calling candidates for positions and acting professionally in representing LOB
- Identify the best mix of resources to source top talent – using our research function, job boards, web searches, referrals and industry-specific sources
- Initiate and manage outside recruiter searches as needed and support the hiring of senior or specific positions as may be necessary
- Develop position-specific screening questionnaires for internal and external candidates
- Provide full-support to hiring managers on the recruitment and onboarding processes and formalities as well as facilitate decision-making
- Manage candidates throughout the interview process and improve the candidate experience
- Negotiate and present offers and close selected candidates
- Develop and maintain social media presence. In partnership with Marketing, assess current presence on various social media platforms and work to establish and maintain a more robust presence
- Partnering with the dev team, support development of and then manage a new applicant tracking system
- Own the recruitment process, and report to the management team on pipeline status.
- Work closely with technical hiring leads to recruit for our Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Full-cycle recruiting - from sourcing to closing.
- Use multiple sourcing strategies to pinpoint and attract the best talent.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience with sourcing, outreach, and closing candidates — both passive and active.
- A focus on using data to drive hiring and prior use of applicant tracking systems.
- Deep technical knowledge and relatable to developers.
- Excellent closing and negotiation skills.
- A focus on candidate management and providing a white glove experience to all candidates.
- Strong passion for technology and for engaging with technical candidates.
- 7+ years of IT/Technology Recruiting experience
- 3+ years of managing others
- Deep passion and understanding of recruiting
- Ability to attract and close candidates from around the United States
- Must be willing to relocate to Wilmington NC (relocation assistance available)